Saturday, February 10, 2007

zzzz...

I've been wondering for awhile when I will get some. Sleep, of course. I understood that my children needed me many times during the night when they were little, but at five and six, I expected them to be capable of sleeping through the night on their own.

Alas, that is not to be. One if not both of them come into my room throughout the night. Their ideal is to sleep in bed with me. Sometimes, when I am really tired or lazy, I relent... which of course backfires and encourages them to continue their nocturnal wanderings.

Why is it that they rarely go to Daddy's side of the bed?

I'm wondering if I will have an opportunity to sleep through the night for a short period of time between whenever they outgrow their longing to be in bed with me and the time that they start going out with their friends as teenagers, and I will wait up for them to get home until late in the night. I know that I will look back on these days of sweet snuggling and miss them.

But for now, I just want a nap.

No comments: