Thursday, February 22, 2007

Ffffffffine

TriathlonMom has links to some other bloggers on her site which is how I discovered Iron Wil. Wil has an absolutely hilarious post this week called "Profanity Patch" about cleaning up her language by replacing her favorite expletive with a cleaner version. She settled on fffffine because of it's satisfying start, but I really like one of the suggestions in her comments section of ffffffantastic, which has the benefit of a satisfying start and finish. Both of course must be uttered with dripping sarcasm.

Having two little sets of ears that overhear everything in my own home, I appreciate Wil's efforts. I have quite a lot difficulty cleaning up my act and trying to become an effective role model. (I originally wrote that last sentence in the past tense but realized I gave myself way too much credit!)

This morning, my six year old son said, "What the...." and (fortunately) trailed off. He had just the right exasperated tone and everything. Wonder how he'd sound saying "ffffffine!" or "fffffantastic!"?

No comments: