Monday, February 19, 2007

My legs are shot!

Whew, Mondays are tough. Um, I mean, challenging and fun! (I'm trying to have a more positive attitude.)

Today I did an "on the ball" class which is a weights class using a stability ball. It is a great core strengthening workout. We did one hamstring exercise that I could feel almost immediately! You get in a bridge position with your head and shoulder blades on the floor, legs extended, and the heels of your feet digging into the top of the ball. Press on your heels to roll the ball towards your bottom, then straighten your legs back out. We did them that way (a lot) then single legged. OMG! Elke taught. She is always fun and gives us a great workout.

Blake's Shenanigans (aka cycling class) was tonight. Usually with cardio, my breathing is the limiting factor but with cycling, it is my legs. They are shot! I could really feel my quads burning. I didn't do very well on the speed drills. Blake said these indoor cycling workouts are all about power and speed, and that it will feel much easier once we get outside. I hope I notice an improvement when that happens.

Speaking of cycling outside, I'm hoping to start riding my bike to work once or twice a week when the weather improves. The limiting factor right now is that I don't have access to a shower. There is one, but the company doesn't allow consultants (like me) to use it for liability reasons. I've explained that I don't want to use the exercise equipment; just the shower and that I'd happily sign a liability waiver in case I slip in the shower and hurt myself. Hopefully, it will work out. That's the best solution I've come up with to add more cycling into my schedule. I've worked out a good route to get there, too.

I think I need a massage.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I have a FABULOUS massage therapist. Claire Muddiman. She is awesome!!! I think you need to visit!

TriGirl 40 said...

Hope the cycling to work works - can you believe the ropes you have to jump through to do something good for you - and the environment!