Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Bean is Back!

Corinnie Beanie is back in action! And I am so, so happy!!! The Bean has been my constant running companion for the last three years. In fact, she's the one who got me started in running. However, she's been sidelined by a knee injury since November or maybe even late October. She had to get a cortisone shot in December and has been in physical therapy since. Now, she's able to run pain-free again! Yippee!!!!

We went out for an inaugural run this morning - 4.5 miles, 10:39 minutes/mile average which I think is tremendous considering that she hasn't run in months. Thank goodness the freezing rain that was in the forecast didn't happen. We actually had more moderate temperatures than we've experienced lately and therefore a pleasant run.

The best part is getting to catch up with the Beanie! She is one of my closest friends and confidants. I've missed her and our workout/therapy sessions!
_____________________

Update: Corinne responded that we can refer to her as "the lean mean fighting Bean!" from now on.

No comments: