Thursday, February 22, 2007

Sick again... or still?

So I opened my own little bloggy flood gates by mentioning yesterday that I am still sick. Today, I feel like I've been run over by a mac truck. My whole body aches, my throat is burning, and I can't stop coughing. All exacerbated by the fact that I didn't get enough sleep last night because... you guessed it... I couldn't stop coughing. An overdose of Deslyn, Chloraseptic, and a cough drop finally helped me get to sleep. Now I just may be catching the fever virus that has taken my poor little daughter down for a week. It's hard to tell because my hands are so cold, anything would feel hot by comparison. Yes, a thermometer would help and I'll get on that once I get home.

My daughter is finally getting a little better, thank goodness! She still has a fever but it was down to 99.6 today - the first time she's been below 100 since last Friday. I understand this stuff takes about a week to run its course. I got to stay home with her this morning which meant more snuggling on the couch once she woke up at almost 9:00 - very late for one of my children! Today's entertainment was Mermaidia - a fascinating tale of Barbie's daring and courage as a fairy turned mermaid to save the mermaid population. My daughter was entranced. I dozed through it, just a little.

I was able to fit in a run early this morning before my husband left for work. The beauty of my Tues/Thurs runs is that I don't question them. I totally didn't feel like running today but didn't have time to realize just how crappy I felt before I had laced up my shoes, strapped on my Garmin and headed out. Once I've started, I can generally talk myself into continuing for a reasonable distance. Today, I ran a slow four miles (~ 9:41 minutes/mile I think - maybe a little slower). The Bean overslept so I was solo - probably a good thing because I was not good company.

Could you tell?

No comments: