Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Fat Tuesday

Yeah baby! This is my kind of holiday! Bring on the king cake!

My daughter, who had to stay home from school because she still has a fever, and I celebrated with Arby's for lunch. We even had a chocolate shake, which I have to say was delicious.

Tonight I celebrated this week's other holiday, Presidents' Day, with my son. The first graders at his school put on a performance for the PTA, all about George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and the USA. It was adorable! I video taped the entire thing for my daughter and husband. My daughter was very sad to miss it. I think my husband was just a bit relieved.

I did run today - a slow four miles this morning (10:39 minutes/mile average) with my friend the Bean who is just getting back into running. She is talking a big game though - says she's going to smoke me in the Monument 10k. Go girl!

I think I need a Dove dark chocolate bar to top off the night. Yum....

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I am glad you enjoyed Fat Tuesday...I kept forgetting as I ate my low fat tuna salad! But...I topped the night off with some cheez-its and a taco from the bell! Now...no more chocolate!! Ugh!

ps - we need to run together sometime!