Sunday, February 18, 2007

Ahh... rest day

Saturday is my rest day. Usually, it is not particularly relaxing as I am running (although not literally) from dance to soccer to basketball to baseball, depending upon the season, with birthday parties and other kid activities mixed in.

Yesterday, however, offered complete relaxation. Well, other than catering to the every whim of my five year old, but it was entirely justified. My poor baby had a fever of 102 Friday night and Saturday morning, so I took her to the pediatrician. The cause is viral, which means there is nothing they can do about it. I stocked up on Tylenol, Gatorade, and Sprite, then she and I hit the couch for the rest of the day.

We even had the house to ourselves. The boys took a mini-road trip to NoVa to celebrate my brother-in-law, Mark's, birthday with a surprise party. By the way, he is a VERY old man of 40 now. (Mark is eight months younger than me, so on my birthday, he goes nuts rubbing in how old I am. Needless to say, I can hardly wait to reciprocate on his! I had to coach my son and phone in my abuse this year.)

So anyway, my daughter and I not only lounged on the couch in our PJs all day, we pulled out the sofa bed and loaded it up with pillows and blankets. She enjoyed such fare as the SpongeBob movie and numerous sitcoms, while I read most of a great book - The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards. We snuggled, napped, snacked, did a puzzle, and played games. It was very relaxing and a nice change from our usual hectic pace.

No comments: