Sunday, February 18, 2007

In my dreams...

The other night I dreamed that I was the one who was picked to get a headstart in the Monument 10k. If you're not familiar with that race or that concept, the race director started it last year and offers prize money if the ordinary runner who is selected crosses the finish line before the professional athlete who is the real winner. I'm not sure how much money the person gets, but how cool would it be to actually break the tape crossing the finish line?

So anyway I don't know if I got to do that or not - my dream didn't get that far. What I do remember is that Grandison was running with me, pacing me, and I was on track to do it. My kids were cheering from the sidelines. Just like a dream, they were on the sidelines no matter where I was in the race even though they weren't running.

Pretty cool. If only I would get the chance in real life! (Then I would kick myself for the aggressive time I put on my registration!!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great dream! You CAN kick butt.....just remember that dream when you are running the race! You ARE a champion whether you break the tape or not! :)