Saturday, February 24, 2007

Thanks, TriGirls

Thanks to tremendous TriGirl participation, our Monument 10k fundraising team raised $350 for the Massey Cancer Center last night. What a fun way to raise money for a good cause!

The owner, Chris, told Susie Q that he'd be happy to do it again with beer and wine. That's especially good news for me as I drank my first beer in about 15 years last night. And it was awful! I'm such a good team player.

There were lots of renewing and new TriGirls out last night, along with significant others and friends. I really enjoyed catching up with people I knew and meeting lots and lots of others. And it's always great to hang out with Jennifer and Jackie! The Bean and her husband came out to support the cause as well. Good times!

Thanks to Susie Q for coordinating a great event and to Molly and Carmen for manning the ticket booth.

Did you guys see my picture on the sign? You know, the one someone took of me in my Budweiser bathing suit when I wasn't looking? OMG, I'm so embarrassed.

3 comments:

Ro said...

I'm sorry I missed out on this Friday night! Sounds like you had a great time! Hope you and your family are feeling better too! Hope to get to meet you soon!

JRo

Anonymous said...

D-

You looked fantastic on the Budweiser sign. :)
Actually, Chris was a bit horrified that the Budweiser guy donated that as our sign...

Susie

JenniferS said...

It was great hanging out with you and Scott too and having you help with the chaperoning of all of us newbies! You're right; they are a bunch of great women.