Monday, February 26, 2007

Movie Review

Taz and I bought Flushed Away and Open Season on Saturday as we were getting prescriptions filled at Target for the flu. Thank goodness we did, because they kept my children entertained while I slept away most of the weekend.

We saw Flushed Away in the theater last summer and I think I enjoyed it more than the kids did. It is quite funny. And actually it was a funny theater trip - the kids and I went with my friend Wood and his kids. I was trying to take all the kids since his wife was out of town but his daughter begged him to come. I'm sure people thought we were either married and crazy - with 7, 6, 5, and 4 year old children - or blending families or something. Kate Winslet and Hugh Jackman, both whom I love, voice the main characters.

I actually thought Open Season was a different movie and only got it by mistake. I think it got bad reviews but we gave it three thumbs up. Granted, I would have given anything a thumb up that entertained my children while I slept, but it is pretty cute. They watched it at least four times, so I think I saw the entire movie in bits and pieces throughout the weekend. Martin Lawrence voiced Boog the bear who is so so funny. Ashton Kutcher voiced his sidekick, Elliot. I've actually never seen him in anything but fashion magazines. He gave good voice.

To top of my weekend of sluglike activity in front of the television, I stayed up too late last night watching the Academy Awards and have been glued to the E! Oscar show this morning. I love seeing what all the women are wearing. My favorite gowns so far are Cate Blanchett, Nicole Kidman, Reece Witherspoon, and Penelope Cruz. Meryl Streep is such a great actress but dresses so badly for these events.

My kids are in school today (yippee!!!) so I'm off to nap before I get a call from the clinic to come pick one (or both) of them up. They are really fine, but they are pissed that I made them go to school instead of letting them stay home with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree on all the dress choices! Glad to hear you're feeling well enough to dish the celebs...surely on the road to recovery! xojo

TriGirl 40 said...

I can't imagine being sick while having sick children. Hope you are all feeling better soon. Missed the Oscars - and especially missed seeing all the outfits!