Thursday, February 8, 2007

Girl Time


Whenever my daughter and I have "girl time," her favorite thing to do is go to Nordstrom. She loves the cafe and adores trying on clothes and shoes.

We've been twice recently. The first time, we had lunch then did a little browsing. She tried on lots of shoes in the women's shoe department. Her favorites were red patent leather peep toe pumps with probably 4" heels. Well, those and some leopard print boots. Everyone who saw her cracked up, including me. Of course I had to be mommy and caution against sprained ankles as she was tottering from the display to the nearest mirror. I couldn't help myself! She also tried on lots of clothes and talked me into buying her a really pretty aqua blue floaty blouse. It was quality girl time!

Tuesday night, we went again while the boys were at a Cub Scout meeting. We were running an errand somewhere else that required us to go right past Nordstrom. Why not stop? She tried on all the glittery shoes in the children's shoe department this time.

Her favorite story about herself is about a shopping trip to Nordstrom when she had just turned two. She was tottling around, shopping with me, and all the salesladies were talking to us and saying how cute she was. One saleslady bent down to her level and asked how old she was. Her answer was, "I two. My brother, he three. This is Mommy. She older." Needless to say, everyone burst out laughing.

I have created a monster! But a cute little monster with good taste.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Glad to hear she is being properly trained! I am a firm believer in retail therapy. And Nord's...fabulous. love it! Next time try a smoothie at the little coffee bar - they make theirs with apple juice - deeeelish!