Thursday, January 25, 2007

Tired Puppy

That's me. I'm tired of blowing my nose. I'm tired of waking up from a nightmare that I'm being choked in the middle of the night because my throat hurts so badly. I'm tired of the taste of cough drops. And as tired as I am of listening to myself bitch and moan, I'm sure you are too! Please stick with me. I will be well again one day, hopefully in the very near future, and I will return to my normal pleasant charming self. (HA!)
.
In the meantime, I've been trying to maintain some semblance of baseline workouts. No swimming or intense cardio - those are too tough when I can't breathe through my nose. I skipped Som's swim class on Sunday and Ed's Shenanigans on Monday. Instead on Monday, I did the elliptical for a bit followed by free weights in the weight room. I always kill my legs when I work out on my own, so that was kind of nice. Tuesday, I ran four miles (9:16/mile average, which was surprising). Yesterday I felt a little better and pushed too hard - spin in the morning and yoga in the afternoon, and this morning I ran four miles (10:03/mile average). I'm not sure whether I'm being stubborn or wimpy by continuing to do something. It does make me feel a little better though, mentally if not physically.
.
Tonight, I am scheduled to go to a Women in Technology meeting followed by (yet another) Silpada party. At this point, I'm leaning towards going home, putting on my pajamas, and snuggling with my kids instead.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I feel your pain. I decided that I am the cartoon of the kid with the nose running all over his face to avoid the tissue. Be glad you were not there on Wednesday - I had to tone it down a bit. We will not let these little winter funks get the best of us!

TriGirl 40 said...

Hope you are feeling better - because tag, you're it, TriDi - see the details on my blog:
http://trigirl40.blogspot.com/