Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Cycling Sucks

... or more accurately, I suck at it.

To be fair, I am not in the right mindset to cycle when I arrive at class on Monday nights. I don't like leaving my kids, and making two trips to my car at the beginning and end of class to haul in my trainer, bike, shoes, towel, water bottle, etc. really pisses me off. That trainer is heavy! And invariably, I whack myself in the shin with it, leaving a huge painful reminder of class for the rest of the week.

I thought I was being so smart buying a trainer instead of renting one from Maramarc - that way, my husband and I can use it at home during the week. That actually hasn't happened, for me anyway. I prefer spin class or getting outside on my bike. My husband has used it a few times though. I think I need to check with Maramarc to see if there are still trainers available to rent. It will be worth it to save myself some aggravation.

Last night, Ed had us in the big chain ring for most of the class again and we spent a lot of time in levels 7 & 8, and some in 9 and 10. I'm pretty certain there's not a route I will ever willingly take in my lifetime that is 45 minutes straight uphill. On the bright side, cycling outdoors should seem like a piece of cake in comparison. And I definitely have room to improve on cycling. It is my weakest of the three triathlon activities.

Thanks to Melissa for providing fun riding music last night. I particularly liked Salt & Pepa and Madonna. : )

1 comment:

Melissa said...

well if you ever find yourself on an uphill route - start singing shoop - it gets your midn off the pain your ody is feeling! that's what i tell myself at least haha.

glad you enjoyed the tunes!