Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Ouch

My body hurts today. I'm sore from doing weights yesterday, plus Ed whipped my ass in cycling class last night. I had been warned, and it was all true. We were in the big chain ring for almost the entire class, standing, sitting, "grinding it out" as Ed said. I hadn't been to class for almost a month which made it even worse.

I was very, very bad and rewarded myself with a Krispy Kreme donut afterwards. My husband bought a discount card and the shop is right by Maramarc, so that was my justification (aka, excuse). I ate one in the car on the way home - it was warm and quite delicious. My husband had some when I got home and gave me a hard time about blowing his nutrition for the day. Excuse me! It was his own fault! If he hadn't bought the discount card, I'm certain I could have driven right by. By the way, Krispy Kreme has a drive through now so you don't even have to be bothered to walk 10 feet to get nice hot donuts.

This morning, I cut myself a little slack and did a slow four mile jog around my neighborhood. My heel is still bothering me. I'm not sure what the problem is but since it's been a month and clearly isn't going away on its own, perhaps I need to consult a professional. I was ignoring my Garmin for the most part, except it kept beeping to display a weak signal alert. At one point, I ran about 1/2 mile yet the distance on the watch never changed. I ran for 40 minutes and am calling it four miles. It was still hard because, have I mentioned, my body hurts!

It's nice to be done for the day before 8 a.m.

No comments: