Friday, January 19, 2007

Swimming swimming swimming

I'm quoting Dory again from Finding Nemo in the title. I actually swam yesterday! I was a little dissapointed to discover that the Shady Grove Y Masters Swim is not coached. Someone did leave a workout though and it was good. I didn't have enough time to do all of it but swam 1600 meters in about 45 minutes. So I hit 3000 meters in a week for the first time this year! Yeah!

Today I did a fairly tough weight workout - a lot of legs. I will remember those dead lifts and lunges again tomorrow I'm sure.

So for week 3, I hit all my fitness goals - ran 10 miles, swam 3000 meters, biked 27.5 miles (a total assumption based on time since both workouts were stationary), weight trained twice and did yoga once. I've been doing pretty well with eating more fruits and vegtables, too. I've found that eating fruit with breakfast is the best way for me to get the recommended daily value. I haven't been tracking my food very well, and instead of losing weight I've actually gained a pound. That doesn't seem quite fair considering that I've added cycling and swimming workouts to my schedule this year. I'm pretty certain it's additional muscle mass. NOT!

No comments: