Friday, January 5, 2007

New Toys

Nothing makes a workout more fun than new gear!

Yesterday, I did a little shopping at a local bike store and picked up neoprine (sp?) booties and long cycling pants. I wanted a long sleeved cycling jacket too, but they only had large mens sizes. Of course I have plenty of winter running tops, but they don't have the cool flap in the back to cover my butt like cycling jackets do. Or the many storage options. Guess I'll have to go online today to see what I can find!

When I got home with my new biking goodies, a box from swimoutlet.com awaited me containing my new TriGirl pink bathing suit and the waterproof MP3 player I ordered! Som will probably kill me if I bring it to practice Sunday night, but I'm going to load up some tunes and take it for a swim next week.

More good news - my friend Jennifer bought a bike and is definitely joining TriGirls! She is so cool; I can't wait to see more of her. Her sister Caroline may join as well, and her sister Jackie is still contemplating it. Yeah!

Thanks, TriGirl40, for posting comments on my blog. I'm so happy that someone is reading my crazy ramblings besides me! Anyone else, check out her blog at the link to the right. She's great, and it's a good read. You will notice that I blatently copied her format when I created my own.

3 comments:

TriGirl 40 said...

Sounds like a great day - with all the new gear! Let me know what yout think about the waterproof mp3.

BTW -Thanks for the compliments!

TrigirlDL said...

I am enjoying reading the blog. Please post on how that mp3 works out.

carmen said...

mp3 sounds good for your solo swims
but yes
you are correct in opting not to bring it to a coached workout!

thanks for the birthday shoutout
i will see you in the pool tomorrow...