Monday, January 15, 2007

FIM

That's my very own acronym to follow TGIF. It stands for F*&^, It's Monday.

My goals for today:

* Weight train (check)
* Cycling torture... I mean training... with Ed
* Drive past Krispy Kreme without stopping on the way home from cycling

I had a great weekend playing with my kids and seeing family. The High School Musical concert was a highlight. It was absolutely hilarious to see my kids dancing in the aisle as they sang every word.

Swimming with Som and the TriGirls was fun too. I'm amazed by how much I enjoy the group swims. One of the best parts is meeting some more TriGirls or getting to know them better. Last night, we did some warm up laps followed by form conditioning, then Som told us to swim for 20 minutes straight and to count our laps. His expectation, I imagine, is that we will increase our lap count in the same amount of time with practice. After five minutes, I was already tired but kept going and swam 44 laps/1100 yards in 20 minutes. Towards the end, Som told me my stroke looked smooth. I was so excited! He then slid in a couple corrections to my form, but still.

I missed my run yesterday morning because I was preparing brunch for some of my husband's family. That's a valid excuse, right? I was hoping to squeeze in a run during the afternoon but it didn't work out. We still had guests when I left for swimming. I'm consoling myself with the thought that my heel needed the rest. And, there's always tomorrow!

FIM.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Love the goals for the day - how true. how true. yay for passing by the krispy without stopping - that is a feat in itself!

and way to go on swimming!