Tuesday, January 16, 2007

But to Run is Fun

After beating myself up about my lack of cycling ability last night, it was fun to run this morning. Something I can do! To make it even better, I got to run with my friend Jon. He is in Richmond on a business trip from his home in Chicago.

Jon and I used to work together and traveled together fairly regularly, so we've run before. He is a strong runner - usually hurts me! He's having some hip and lower back problems, unfortunately, so I was able to keep up with him today. We met in Innsbrook and ran around the lakes. It was a nice, flat run and really nice to catch up. We've been reading each other's blogs, so we were pretty current already!

We ran 3 1/2 miles together, then Jon had to go to work. I did another 1 1/2 to get 5 in for today. Since I missed my Sunday run, I had to do 5 today and 5 Thursday to hit my minimum goal of 10 miles per week. I don't know the split time, but in total I ran the 5 miles at a 9:28/mile pace. With lots of chatting, I'm happy with that.

Note to Jon: I passed the older couple again on my own, and the man wanted to know if I had worn you out! hee hee

3 comments:

Melissa said...

nice running, sppedy gonzales!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Run Diane. It's always good to run with someone and I like running with you. Makes time fly.
We'll have to do a race together at some point. Not a Tri (Been there, done that) but some 10K or 1/2 maybe.
Thanks again,
Jon

Anonymous said...

BTW - Running with you was theraputic. I felt great today!!! No back problems.