Friday, January 12, 2007

TGIF!

Happy Friday!

I am so looking forward to the weekend. My kids and I have big plans - we're going out to dinner and to the High School Musical show in Charlottesville tonight with friends (theirs and mine). My kids are obsessed with the movie, and I must admit that I know all the songs. We went out last night and bought tee shirts to wear to the show. Well, I bought them tee shirts. I won't actually be wearing an "I love Troy" shirt or anything remotely similar. Even though I do.

Tomorrow, after my son's basketball and daughter's dance, we're going out to lunch and to a paint-your-own pottery shop with my son's Godmother. That's his Christmas present from her. We did it last year too and had a great time, both with the activity and spending time with her.

Then on Sunday, we are hosting a family brunch with my husband's parents, sister & husband, and aunt. I'm making a mixed green salad, potato/ham breakfast casserole, spinach balls, turkey/mozzerella roll, maybe stuffed mushroom caps if I have time, and strawberries with chocolate sauce.

Yes, all my favorite activities involve food!

On a workout note, I packed a bag to swim this morning but instead I went back to bed after putting the kids on the bus. I was actually looking forward to a swim, believe it or not, but I was really really tired. My son has been sick and getting up throughout the night all week. My daughter was up several times during the night too for whatever reason. I woke up extremely cranky; they on the other hand were excited and bouncing off the walls. Not only do they have High School Musical tonight, but today was pajama day at school. It doesn't get much better than that!

So, I will do my weight workout at lunch and call it a day. Maybe I will be able to sneak in a quick swim tomorrow to hit all my goals for the week...

No comments: