Wednesday, January 17, 2007

MP3 Update

I have been in MP3 hog heaven! My husband gave me an iPod shuffle for Christmas. It was completely unexpected. My old MP3 player is fine, but it doesn't hold much music. He also gave me, at my son's wise suggestion, an iPod gift card to purchase music. (This from a six year old!) I've been loading tunes from the Apple store and ones I already had on my computer like crazy! And I bought a $50 iTunes gift card at Costco yesterday for $44.99 - bargain! All the songs on it right now are fast running songs. My current favorite is Scissor Sisters "I don't want to dance" or something like that. I'm taking it with me to cycling class on Monday. Hopefully my girls will like the selections. (Melissa, I even have some Salt & Pepa on it but I can't remember which song.)

On a total tangent - Grandison said Maramarc has extra trainers and I can rent one! Yippee!!!! I don't have to beat myself to a pulp lugging mine through the street, up the steps, through the big heavy door, and into class every week. Maybe I'll be a happier cyclist.

Back to topic. Santa brought my kids CoolP3 players for Christmas. They wanted iPods - target marketing is amazing. These players are made for kids, have kid-sized headsets, and are more rugged. Thank goodness, as they've been dropped several times already. I loaded my kids' choices of music on them, including High School Musical, Jump Start, Bon Jovi, and Hannah Montana. They have ecclectic taste already and are so cute walking around with their headphones on, singing their little hearts out.

Alas, in sad MP3 player news, the waterproof MP3 player I bought myself recently doesn't work. I think it is a defective player. I heard music on it once but can't get it to play again. That could very well be user error! But it also won't turn off - I have to pop the battery. So something's wrong. I need to call user support (if such a thing exists for this brand/model) and probably exchange it. When I get a functional model, I'll let you know how it is. I can't wait to swim with music.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Can't wait to hear the jams on Monday!

TriGirl 40 said...

I hope the swim MP3 is just defective - and that you can get one that works - I have my heart set on getting one!