Thursday, January 4, 2007

2006 in Review

I looked back over my 2006 logs and came up with the following:

Run - 697.8 miles
Swim - 15,050 meters (sounds better than 9.4 miles!)
Cycle - 280 miles
Weights - 73 times
Yoga - 28 times

For the first half of last year, I was running three to four days a week, which I intentionally cut back. I started cycling in late May and swam really only in Sept & Oct to prepare for a sprint tri. I didn't have as much time for weight training and yoga during my tri training as I would have liked, although I was surprised to see such low totals in those categories. And, I managed to gain two pounds from the beginning of 2006 until the end, although I hit an all time low adult weight in June (8 1/2 pounds less than I am now).

That made me wonder - if I achieve my minimum goals 45 out of 52 weeks in 2007, what would my numbers look like?

Run - 450 miles
Swim - 72,000 meters (45 miles)
Cycle - 562.5 miles
Weights - 90 times
Yoga - 45 times

This year, I am focusing more on cycling, trying to establish a weekly swimming habit, and good nutrition. The running and cycling totals seem achievable - I ran more last year and cycled only half the year, so if I double last year's number, I'm there. The swimming total looks daunting. I'm also concerned that I will not have time for weights and yoga like last year.

My tracking will be more detailed this year which hopefully will help me achieve this goals more consistently week-to-week. I've also started tracking workout times recently. It will be interesting to note speed improvements over time.

No comments: