Thursday, January 4, 2007

Carrot Soup

I admit it; I'm obsessed with food. I love to cook it and I especially love to eat it. I have a soup recipe that I thought I'd share (in case anyone else is actually reading this) because it is nutritous, easy, and delicious. It makes your house smell good, too. Even my husband loves it, and he never eats cooked vegtables!

Creamy Carrot Soup
6 carrots, peeled and sliced
1 large onion, chopped
1 1/2 - 2 cups chicken broth
nutmeg
salt
pepper

Combine carrots, onion, and broth in a soup pot over medium heat. Add a sprinke of nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 25 - 30 minutes until vegtables are tender. Cool. Move to blender in batches and puree.

Serve hot or cold (I prefer hot).

Serves 4 - 6.

2 comments:

TriGirl 40 said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe. It does sound yummy! I look forward to trying it.

carmen said...

that does sound good!

my recipe follows

buy pacific natural foods
cashew carrot ginger soup
shake
open
pour into cup
microwave for two minutes
stir
enjoy!!!!