Friday, January 19, 2007

Massey Cancer Center

TriGirls are participating as a team to raise money for the VCU Massey Cancer Center, one of the beneficiaries of the Monument Ave 10k. I know that you are constantly bombarded with requests to donate to many worthy causes, but if this is a cause that resonates with you please consider a donation. My fundraising site is : https://www.usraceworks.com/personalDonation.do?registrationId=65342 . You can enter another runner's name to assist their fundraising efforts, or you can donate to the cause without supporting a particular racer.

Massey provided some startling statistics. Cancer will affect one in two men and one in three women. I sincerely hope that pioneers in cancer research like Massey receive the funding they need to continue their efforts.

To help raise money, TriGirls are sponsoring a happy hour at the Pour House in Short Pump on Friday, Feb. 23. The owners/managers have graciously agreed to donate proceeds for all domestic draft beer puchases between 6 and 9 p.m. to TriGirls' fundraising efforts for Massey. Come join us!

I personally hit my lifetime quota of beer shortly after I graduated from college. I will have to take one (or two or three...) for the team I guess. Or perhaps I can throw $5 in a collection bin and drink something I'll actually enjoy!

1 comment:

TriGirl 40 said...

Thanks for coordinating the event - looking forward to raising a few glasses to raise funds for a good cause (and the wine isn't half bad there - so...).