Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Tag - I'm It!

Margo tagged me with the following questions. I answered them here when I had done only one event so instead of cheating and copying those answers, I'll give you new ones. After all I have a whopping four triathlons under my belt now. (Actually 4 1/3 if you count the relay I did with Annnn this summer.)

1. Describe a memory from your first triathlon ever
Well I do have to cheat here and go with my original answer. The best part of my first event was the surprise of seeing my husband and kids on the course. I didn't expect them to be there at all, but in fact they drove around and found me three times. Rainbow and Taz were so excited when they saw me and it made me so unbelievably happy and inspired to see them.

2. Describe a memory from your most recent triathlon.
My most recent tri was the Giant Acorn. The best part was having a TriGirl dinner and sleepover at Jennifer's house the night before. I've known Jennifer for something like 30 years and it is always great to spend time with her and her sisters. (So glad they got interested in triathlon and joined TriGirls!) I also enjoyed getting to know baby pink TriGirls Lesley and Jennihoo and hanging out with Patti and Courtney. A specific memory would be something along the lines of saying, "I really shouldn't have any more wine..." while watching Patti pour more into my glass. Then drinking it.

3. What's the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you in a tri?
I was mortified when I flatted in the Luray Olympic and had absolutely no freaking idea what to do. That's pathetic isn't it? Even more pathetic is that I still haven't learned to change a tire. That is a big goal for the off-season! I must learn and then practice, practice, practice. Also embarrassing is the absurd amount of time I spend in transition. What do I do in there?

4. What's the most thrilling thing that's happened to you in a tri?
At the Giant Acorn, I started in the last swim wave which meant I passed a ton of people on the bike. I have worked hard on the bike this year and it was great to feel it paying dividends.

5. What is something you discovered about yourself by doing triathlons?
That I can push through times that suck and before long, they don't suck anymore. Perspective is everything.

6. What is The Big Goal that you're working towards?
Last time, I said a half Ironman (1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, 13.1 mile run) and that's still the goal. The question is whether it is a short term goal (as in 2008 season) or a longer-term goal. There are a lot of moving parts to this decision.

I'm not sure who's done this before and who hasn't (Siren?) so if you haven't - tag! You're it! And if you have but want to update your answers, please do.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Seriously, I'll help you with the tube change thing. Its really easy. Really. Couple o minutes. I'd help anyone. It is one skill I have for sure!

ShesAlwaysWrite said...

Done did it a while back.
I'm with you on the flat thing, I tempted fate for far too long and finally learned this year (3rd season, isn't that shameful?!)

mommy to 2, feels like 4. said...

Annn claims to nap in transitions, maybe you sleep walk?