Wednesday, October 3, 2007

And another thing...

Just one more review and then I'll stop... for today. I have to tell you I love me some Tom Leonards. Not Tom himself, although I'm sure he's a very nice man, but Tom Leonard's the cross between grocery store/farmers' market.

I've been going there for awhile because I love their fresh fruits, vegetables, and meats but just recently I discovered their prepared food. We've tried several different things and all have been fabulous.
.
I went by the store this morning to pick up dinner for a co-worker whose family has been having a tough time - chicken alfredo pasta and caesar salad for him and his wife, mac and cheese and M&M cookies for his kids. While I was there I picked up lunch for myself - caesar salad with shrimp and roasted corn soup.
.
The caesar must have been left over from yesterday or quite possibly the day before because the lettuce was not in good shape. I had to pick brown pieces and stalky pieces out of the mix.
But the rich creamy dressing and home made croutons - which I should have picked out! - were yummy. Next time, I will buy lettuce, dressing and croutons separately.
.
And the soup... ahh, the soup... was to-die-for. So good that I had it for breakfast and lunch. I'm planning to save the rest for Scouter but I may just have to leave it at work for lunch tomorrow.
.
Yum. If you live near Tom's store (or Stew's for that matter), check it out!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Random aside: Blogger is f*cking with me again and won't align paragraphs correctly, so please ignore the dots between them above. I got tired of messing around with it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Who the heck is Stew? Were you able to get your Ben and Jerry's while you were there? Stew, Tom, Ben and Jerry. There are some lunch mates for ya!

TriGirl 40 said...

Tom's is pretty cool. But I also love me some Fresh Market. There is also a rumor that Whole Foods is coming to town soon.