Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Tired Legs

Man my legs are wiped.

Yesterday I did a weights class at lunch and was disappointed that we did a lot of upper body and not as much lower body. That didn't last long.

Then I ran with my friend Jon of Coffee and Bagels fame. Jon lives outside of Chicago but comes to Richmond on business occasionally, so it was nice to catch up. We ran four miles chatting the whole way. Well, me at least. It felt faster than it was - 9:50/mile average speed. (Sorry, Jon!)

So this morning, instead of my regular run, I took the opportunity to ride my bike. My legs were tired but I managed a little over 12 miles at a 17.5 mph pace. Traffic was fairly heavy and at one point I was riding directly into the sun which made me really nervous, thinking cars behind me wouldn't be able to see me.

(Somewhere in the fan district, a woman just let out a maniacal laugh...)

My legs ached when I walked up the stairs at work. Just imagine how someone who did Kona must feel today.

(And Kermit, I mean the Ironman, not a delicious hot caffeinated beverage!)

Although a delicious hot caffeinated beverage sounds pretty good right now...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

See, now you get it! Kona *is* good! And great after being in the cold!

REB60 said...

Jon was in town?! How'd I miss that?!

Annn said...

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHA

TriGirl 40 said...

You are a workout machine! Loved the "Fan" interlude.

Jon said...

Running and talking is a workout isn't it? My secret was that I did most of my talking once we had finished. That way you did the talking while we were running (Which is easy for you) and I was able to keep my breath. ;-)
Thanks for the run. I enjoyed catching up.