Monday, October 15, 2007

Busy Weekend

Whew I don't think we could have fit one more thing into this weekend. Craziness!

The most exciting news is that Scouter's sister Amy had a baby on Friday. Little Evan is so so cute. Rainbow and Taz couldn't wait to meet him and Amy even let each of them hold him. Rainbow especially loved that even though she did a lot of grumbling about another dumb boy cousin beforehand. This is the first time they've seen a newborn and they couldn't believe they were ever that tiny. I was telling them stories all weekend about when they were born, by popular demand.

Saturday, I was able to squeeze in a bike ride only by going early so it was time to break out my cold weather gear. The forecast called for ~ 40 degrees but in actuality, it was closer to 48. Still chilly to start but I was overly warm very quickly. By the time Richard and I rode from my house to West Creek to meet Annnn, I was peeling off layers. My long lined riding pants will be better when temperatures truly are 40 or below. In the meantime, I have to get some new ones that aren't quite as warm. Shopping! Yeah! The better news is that I will be able to ride outside more this fall and winter.

Annnn and Richard double-teamed me for much of the ride and came up with quite a few nicknames for me. Very entertaining. I even started coming up with nicknames for myself by the end of the ride. As for nicknames for them, Richard is stuck with TriGirl Richard but I'll have to come up with something more creative for Annn than "bitch"... he he

The rest of the day was a flurry of kid-related activities with a little cooking thrown in. I made an appetizer and a salad to take to a dinner party Sat night plus brownies to take to church Sunday morning. The appetizer and salad made it to their intended destination, but the brownies didn't fare as well since Scouter housed them late-night. The kids were thrilled because we got to keep the rest of the pan. I'm sad to say the entire thing was gone by last night and I had more than my fair share.

Yesterday, Scouter's parents spent the day with us while Amy tried to get some sleep. She and Evan will be released from the hospital today. I'm not sure she is prepared for how tough the first few weeks will be, but fortunately her mom will stay with her as long as she'd like.

Yesterday I made a big pot of chili although not a traditional chili. This recipe included eggplant, tofu and kielbasa in addition to the usual tomatoes and spices. It was tasty; I'll have to post the recipe on the TriGirl forum as it could be made with all tofu, all sausage, or a mix like I did. I'm not sure Scouter or his parents realized what I was feeding them or they may not have eaten it. Tee hee. Scouter's parents took a bunch of it to Amy & Chris so they could have dinner already prepared for tonight.

I'm really tired today and not at all excited to be back at work.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I made tofu chili once. Once. Eggplant no thanks.

Unknown said...

OBTW - Next Saturday should be good. Then out for 2 weeks.

REB60 said...

Wow. I tired just reading this. I had to take a nap when I was done.