Monday, October 15, 2007

Kona

I forgot to mention in my last post that I spent what little free time I had this weekend checking on the athletes at the Ironman World Championships in Kona.

What an awesome win for Chrissie Wellington and a great event for Samantha McGlone. I'm saddened by all the top pros who didn't have their best day (or even a good day) due to illness or injury like Michellie Jones and Natascha Badmann.

But all the amazing stories! Lisa Bentley is my new favorite female pro. Check out this story. How cool is she?!? She did it, too, running across the finish line with Carter.

I've also been following Elizabeth Fedofsky in her second run at the big one as an age group competitor. She had a great race with a 15 minute PR.

What an unbelievable experience. I can't wait to watch more on Dec. 1 when the highlights are televised. Where I will drink wine and cheer for the athletes. Again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Honestly I thought this was about coffee.