Thursday, March 1, 2007

Good Day

I'm finally feeling better and I'm having such a good day.

This morning, I went for a run and actually enjoyed it. I didn't get all crazy and get up early to go to the Vita course or anything, but I did run an abbreviated route around my neighborhood. This is my first exercise in almost a week and I was so happy to be able to do it. My Garmin didn't accurately record the run but the stats are so great that I'm going to tell you anyway - 4 1/2 miles in 8:12 minutes/mile average. The Garmin tracked 4 1/2 miles as roughly equivalent to what it showed as only 4 miles last Thursday. Thursday's run was wrong too, and the truth lies somewhere in the middle, as is usually the case with any story. Even if the distance was only four miles, I still averaged 9:14 minutes/mile which is good for me lately. I felt good, my tunes were kickin', and it was a beautiful morning.

Just a funny aside - as I was running, I saw a man drive down his own driveway to reach the driveway of a neighbor across the street and down one house to pick up the newspaper. I assumed that he was on his way out, but no - he drove back to his own house, parked, and went inside. He was very large and I'm just gonna say that walking the extra 50 feet each way would have done him some good!

But back to me! ha! Today got even better because I was able to meet three of my girlfriends for lunch at the last minute. We had a long lovely lunch and planned a girls' night/happy hour in a few weeks - even better! One of them, Rebekah, even reads my blog, so hi girlfriend!

Tonight, I have book club so the festivities will continue as I get to hang with other great friends, drink a little vino, and discuss a good book.

Ahh, life is good again.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That cracks me up...and kind of saddens me, that he actually drives down his driveway! maybehim seeign you stylish running he will be motivated to walk down his driveway!