Monday, March 26, 2007

Swim

"Swimming, swimming, swimming... just keep swimming, swimming, swimming..."
~ Dory, Finding Nemo

I love that movie, and Ellen Degeneres as Dory absolutely cracks me up. We'll have to get Finding Nemo back into the rotation at home to supplement current favorites (by the younger crowd, anyway) Open Season and High School Musical. And Dreamer is going to be big - the kids watched it on HBO last night, and Rainbow has a new favorite. Note to the Easter Bunny - include in this year's basket!!!! (The Easter Bunny leaves a little candy but mostly other fun treats at our house. Good boy.)

As for my own swimming, I realized that I have already logged as much swimming distance this year as I swam in total in 2006. That's a very poor commentary on my swimming in 2006! But nonetheless, pretty cool that at least I've shown some improvement. And hey, it's not December yet. (I'll have to drop these stupid comparisons in 2008 methinks!)

I swam last night with old friends and TriGirls Jennifer and Jackie which made the evening so enjoyable. They were rock stars in the pool during their college years so I will only be able to keep up with them for a short while before they restore their former glory and leave me in the dust, desperately trying to keep up with their wake. Last night, at least, I got to chat with them during the brief breaks Som allows.

I swam 2100 yards including two - count 'em - two 100 IMs. And actually had fun. Well, except for the parts where I was swimming...

Have you noticed that I've been positively giddy of late? I think the spring weather is affecting me.

1 comment:

TriGirl 40 said...

Awesome job on the swimming! Those IMs sound pretty scary...