Monday, March 5, 2007

Weekly Goals

Being sick last week really kicked my butt in many ways. One of them is that I missed all of my weekly goals except running, and the only reason I made that one is that I ran on Saturday with TriGirls instead of doing my usual Sunday run.

I missed my weights class on Friday for a good reason. I was mystery reader in my son's class. He was so excited to see me - it was great! I read two funny books including one in a pirate voice (I am going to be SUCH an embarrassment to him soon!) and another book that is my personal favorite called All the Places to Love by Patricia MacLachlan. It was given to us as a gift from close college friends when Rainbow was a newborn and Taz was a baby. The narrator is a little boy who talks about each member of his family's favorite place on their farm. At the end, his baby sister is born and he can't wait to show her all the places there are to love about their home. Granted, I was extremely hormonal the first time I read it, but it's such a sweet story, it made me cry.

As far as goals go, it's nice to have a clean slate to start a new week. I've already hit my swimming goal thanks to a 2500 yard (extremely crowded) workout last night with Som. I have to say, he was not nice to all the newbies! It was a good, tough workout with lots of long distance sets - for me anyway.

On to weights! Class starts in 15 minutes...

No comments: