Friday, March 30, 2007

Week in Review

Hello everyone, boys and girlfriends alike!

Thanks for all your help, girlfriends, on my wardrobe quandry. Please keep commenting and emailing on the post below - not only do I need your input, the messages themselves are absolutely cracking me up. I think our little group is on our fourth or fifth bottle of wine by now...

Thought it was about time to mention a few workouts. Since that is supposedly my point.

After swimming on Sunday, I did a weights class and my last indoor cycling class on Monday. Who'd have thought at the beginning of indoor cycling that I would be sorry to see it end? Certainly not moi! Tuesday, I ran five miles with the Bean at a 10:03 minutes/mile pace. She's getting faster! Wednesday, I braved traffic and cycled around my neighborhood for 20 miles. Twenty miles is a damn long way. I'm just sayin'... It took me ~70 minutes for a 17.0 mph pace. That's the best I've ever tracked so I'm very happy - but hoping to do better! I need to worry about distance though before I even think about speed with a half-century coming up on May 5. Then I did yoga which felt really good. Thurday I ran solo - four miles, 9:06 minutes/mile on average. Today I did weights with the instructor who annoys me. Really, who starts with inner thigh, calves, biceps and triceps as four of the first five exercises? Apparently she's never heard of working big muscle groups first. Then, tommorrow is the 10k.

So even if you're not Grandison, you are probably noticing a teeny tiny problem with my week. Yep, no rest day. Uh-oh! I'm gonna be in trouble...

In my defense, Saturdays were my rest days but with the 10k this week, and TriGirl cycling starting on Saturdays, I have to re-evaluate my schedule to make sure I'm getting adequate rest. I'm thinking about dumping one of my three/week runs, at least in the short term, so I can focus on the bike without killing myself. It may actually take care of itself because my left heel is killing me - I've got to make an appointment to see Dr. Stadler to find out what's going on. I thought it was plantar fasciitis but maybe not because it doesn't stop hurting when I stretch it. So hold me accountable for that, please.

I'm looking forward to seeing a big group of TriGirls sporting our pink tomorrow at the 10k! If you see us, give us a shout out. "Go TriGirl!" works just fine.

No comments: