Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Okay, Girlfriends, I need your help...

It's times like these that I really miss my college roommates. Guys, especially once they're husbands, are nowhere near as helpful or insightful. Or fun, frankly. Perhaps we'll chat about that...

Can you help me out girlfriends, and pretend you're my roommate? Here's the scene: we're in my room; you're kicked back on my bed with a glass of wine and a cigarette; I'm popping in and out of the closet modeling various outfits for a formal event I'm going to Saturday night. You are throwing in some unsolicited feedback, like I may want to buy some boobs and a girdle, and I may call you a bitch once or twice as I steal a drag.

The grim reality is that I was in my room with my five and six year old children giving commentary and taking pictures. In most of them, I am clenching my jaw saying "just click the mumble mumble button..." Scouter's big input was to wear whatever is most comfortable. Yeah, like comfort is my main objective.

Pretend I'm not scowling and have on makeup, jewelry, and a hairstyle. And please ignore how messy my room is. I'm the sloppy roommate. Here are the options:











So what do you think? Do we need to go shopping?
__________________________
Update: So as we're opening our second bottle of wine, you asked me what event I'm going to anyway. I can't believe I didn't tell you! It's the Comfort Zone Camp 7th Annual Grief Relief Gala at the Science Museum. TriGirl Melissa, aka volunteer extraordinaire, is going to be there along with girlfriends Cate, Mary Beth, and Alison. You should totally join me!!!!
.
BTW, while we're chatting again, the first dress didn't show up very well - it is actually prettier than it looks. The top is a stretchy black/bronze fabric and the skirt is a shiny bronze. Not that I'm trying to sway your opinion! Also my shoes with the last dress are fabulous! I'm sorry they weren't in the picture.
.
Damn, I'm starting to feel a little buzz. Let me kick off these great shoes and lounge with you while we chat some more...

8 comments:

TriGirl 40 said...

What a fun post!

Depending on just how formal formal is...(sip wine)

Very formal - Two or Four
Less formal - Yeah, show off that TriGirl bod and go for number five. (sip wine)

You look awesome in all of them. (sip wine)

Have a great time at the event! You'll be starting off on a non-alcohol high with a great 10K race.

Melissa said...

will you pass the bottle. hmm. let me pick out my wine marker. ok. ready. let's see. i think the first one is lovely. I like it. spin. yes I like.
the last one, though, says "look I'm me - I am trigirl." It totally shows off your ahtletic physique. I vote for one of those. (sipping). which one are you leaning towards? put it on and spin. do you feel like a princess? ok. sold! Cheers! Ca't wait to see you on Saturday - we are going to have so much fun. meet you at the martini fountain :)

Cyndi said...

Okay, it's 10 in the morning on a nice chilly day where I have nothing planned -- no classes so to speak! So I'm the roommate with the cup of coffee, bed head and pjs on. Number one, beautiful, but will you stand out like you should? With your awesome Tri Girl Bod, the last thing you need to to is blend in. So, on to number 2, you are glowing! Very pretty and we can see your great figure. Number 3 is nice, too, but it looks just a tad more casual than number 2. Number 4 is stunning but, again, most women wear dark colors to formal events and you deserve to shine. Number 5 -- holy hot mama! Alright, that's my favorite. It's classic black, shows off your fab figure and the beading makes it unique and more formal. I love the movement in the skirt. To be honest, you look great in all of them so you are good to go no matter what you choose! Have fun and make it home before curfew.

TrigirlDL said...

Great wine! Put out that cigarette, yuck! [Empty the bottle into my glass] [grin].

Okay, I like number two and number four. But wow, I think number 5 is the winner(Unless this is a really formal white tie kind of deal).

You look great in all of them, so just go with what is comfortable:)

Melissa said...

last year i would say it as that medium formal. technically the invites does say black tie optional. most men ae in tux's but...our dates will not be. haha. if you look at the pictures online you can see that people wore tea length, full length, everything. My dress is full length but very simple so not too formal. I think the 5th one would be fabulash! not too formal, but fun. b/c well, camp is all about fun...and drinking! deanna, can you open the next bottle since the first one is empty...

TriGirl 40 said...

Give me that corkscrew, Deanna, you are not opening the bottle fast enough.

(Pour wine for all)
(Sip wine)

"Wait, I realize we've violated the cardinal rule of girlfriends...OF COURSE YOU SHOULD GO SHOPPING!"

"Is anyone sober enough to drive?"

Anonymous said...

D-

I LOVE number 5 (second place: dress #2) - especially since you mentioned it also has totally hot shoes. You are going to have the best time on Saturday. We expect a full blog report.

SQ

ShesAlwaysWrite said...

So sorry to be behind, I've probably missed the event already... but I'd like to see the shoes! That's how I decide what dress to wear - the one that goes with the fabulous shoes : )