Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Back in the Saddle

After missing most of my workouts last week, I'm trying to return to my regular schedule. Although I didn't run on Sunday, I did swim 2500 yards. Yesterday, I took my regular weights class and attended TriGirl cycling. I seriously debated postponing cycling until Wednesday night but decided I wouldn't be any more motivated by then. It was a good class and I'm glad I went. (Read: I'm glad I got it over with.) It still kicks my butt every single time but I guess I'm used to it by now. I hope biking on the road feels easier in comparison.

This morning, I ran. My legs are pretty shot on Tuesday mornings after weights and cycling on Monday. Thank goodness Masha met me for part of it. We start running towards each other from our respective houses at the same time, meeting at about the one mile point, then we do a loop around the lake, run back to our meeting point, and go our separate ways. I usually run straight home but today I tacked on an extra mile to hit a total of six (9:27 minutes/mile average).

Somehow my five mile weekday runs have shrunk to four miles, and my long Sunday runs have been shorter too. The longer distances (relatively speaking) I've done recently have been tough. I need to get back to my regular distances to work on endurance a little more. I don't want to be dragging for the last mile of the Monument 10k at the end of the month!

I'm sore in different places today - the middle of my chest, hip flexors, and outer hips. The oddest is the top of my feet. I'm not sure what exactly I did to work those muscles! It feels good to be a little sore and back in my routine.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Glad you are getting back into the swing of things and coming back to "play" more often!

ps - bowling was fab. Thanks for coming!