Friday, December 14, 2007

Week in Review

Man I thought I was going to have all kinds of time this week... what happened?!?!? And I know I owe you something but sadly this is all I've got! If you're looking for entertainment, you would be better served to move on. Otherwise, welcome to my boring life.

At the beginning of the week, I was at home with a sick Taz. He was not snuggly cool sick like he usually is either. He was whiny annoying sick. I'll admit that Scouter gave me the opportunity to work out Monday afternoon, but I collapsed in a heap and took a two hour nap instead. It was lovely.

Monday and Tuesday, we did manage to finally do this:

Finally, Wednesday I got to go to the Y for spin class. Yes! I definitely don't push myself as much in Y spin as I do in Maramarc cycling but it is what I can do right now. After spin, I did some power shopping. I am usually the obnoxious person who has most of my Christmas shopping done by Thanksgiving. I hate the crowds and I hate being pressured into buying something/anything just to have a gift. This year? Not so much. I started freaking out that I have to mail gifts to my brother's family and we are seeing my cousins this weekend and I had NOTHING.

Wednesday was beautiful! Temperatures were in the high 70s and it was a gorgeous sunny day with clear blue skies. It would have been a nice day for an outdoor bike ride...

Thursday, I ran five miles with the Bean then met Annnn for lunch which was a nice treat. Seeing her inspired me to try to dry my hair straight on my own. It looked much better when Mary Jo did it, but since I have my camera back now, here goes (with a bonus shot of the little wily mule):


So now you know I was a big fat liar last week. Not about Mary Jo's goddess status but about my gorgeous status. hee hee
.
After lunching with Annn, I did a bit more shopping. I finally found gifts for my mom and dad! They are a stretch but I definitely got gift receipts. It's really hard to buy for people who need nothing.
.
Today, I did my weights class. The instructor is a triathlete. I don't know her personally but I saw her at the two local sprint tris I did over the summer. She is super fit! Today she did a "no excuses" workout. It was all with the band to show us that even if we can't get to the gym over the holidays, we can still stay fit. Hopefully, I will be able to make it to the gym! No excuses, but I will not do that workout on my own.

Then I met a high school friend for lunch. We started keeping in touch after my 20 year reunion and see each other once or twice a year when he is in town for business. Then I wrapped the gifts I need to give tomorrow and mail urgently. Progress!

Somehow there was no time this week for job hunting. I guess that tells you where my priorities are right now!

Tomorrow, I am meeting Kermit, Richard and possibly TriGirl 40 for a 90 minute ride. Want to join us?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the hair picture finally! Looks awesome! Obviously I need to see pictures of you to remember what you look like in the "off season". We need to fix that! JenniferS