Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Mary Jo is a goddess

I had my follow up appointment with hairstylist extraordinaire and TriGirl Mary Jo today. The goal for today's visit was to fix my color. I had to wait a few weeks since my cut because... well, it was just going to take that much time. I guess several years of coloring my own hair from a box caught up with me.

My hair was a big sweaty mass of Scary Spice goodness when I arrived immediately following a spin class. (Spin class is NOT FUN by the way.) Mary Jo did not appear to be bothered although I have to wonder if she felt unappreciated. Because in all honesty, this is how my hair looks much of the time.

Let me just say that I have so damn much hair that it took both Mary Jo and her colorist John, working together, a very long time to get the color on my hair. The goal was to get closer to my natural color with highlights. It came out a bit lighter than Mary Jo wanted, much to my secret delight. She'll go a little darker next time. Before you know it, I will look like my mother.

It wasn't quite time for a cut but Mary Jo had a new hairstyle called "long sexy" or something like that, and she wanted to try it out on me. I'm game. Voila, my hair has lots of nice layers. She said I can wear it straight or curly.

Now my hair hasn't been straight since... um... well... let's see... forever. But Stephanie gave me a blow out that is to die for. I asked her if she could come to my house every morning to fix my hair. It is gorgeous. I will never in a million years be able to do it myself.

Unfortunately, I left my camera in Wintergreen so I can offer you no photographic evidence.

You'll just have to trust me.

I am stunning.

But only for today.

And only if you are so captivated by my long straight flowing beautiful sexy locks that you can't tear your eyes away to look at the rest of me.

6 comments:

mommy to 2, feels like 4. said...

I love it! I am sure her chair will be filled with a bunch f new clients with advertising like this!

I can never blow out my hair the way a stylist can!

Anonymous said...

No camera for this one! Bummer! Couldn't you have picked up a disposable camera and then scanned the picture in? I need my fix. JenniferS

Melissa said...

aw boo for no picture! i can't wait to see it! getting your hair done is like a antural high. you walk out with your head held high like "yeah. i know i look good."

Unknown said...

I'm still flush with the excitement of having seen your hair! Well, maybe it was the snowman, not sure.
:-)

Cyndi said...

No fair!!! All that build up and no picture?!? Bummer!

I have no doubt you look spectacular. And, if you're looking for an easy way to straighten your hair, the CHI straightener is the best on the planet. 5 minutes and my hair is done!

C

TriGirl 40 said...

MJ is a goddess. A goddess that saved my hair, once again, this week, too.

But we want pictures!