Thursday, June 21, 2007

Oh, yeah - how

Thanks everyone for your care and concern over my many injuries lately. I'm going to start wearing full body armor soon.

So I totally didn't tell you how I managed to break my finger - thanks Jodi for pointing that out. And it's such a cool story...

See, I was participating in the XTerra East Coast Championship held in beautiful downtown Richmond last weekend, and as I was screaming downhill on my mountain bike at warp speed - had just blown past Ed, in fact - I hit a hairpin turn and clipped a tree. I went tumbling and my poor little pinkie took the brunt.

What?!? You don't believe me?!? Man, tough crowd.

Okay, here's what really happened. I was water skiing on the James with trick skis and as I launched into a smoking airborn vertical 360, I slipped and smashed my finger into the ski...

Not buying that one either?!?!?!?!? Geesh, what happened to all the love and support you exhibited at the top of the post, huh?

Alright, alright. Here's what really happened. I was lying on a lounge chair at the pool Sunday afternoon, sipping a pina colada, when Taz started yanking the towel out from under me. Instead of getting off my fat ass to hand it to him, I tried to pull it out from under me. The adjustable back of the lounge chair came unhooked and slammed down on my finger.

I didn't spill my drink though.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Classic!

TriGirl 40 said...

Funny post - and seems just like something I would do. Hopefully the pina colada dulled the pain a bit - and acted as a great ice pack to keep down the swelling.

ShesAlwaysWrite said...

OMG, I think I just came *this* close to actually dying from laughter.

(That is SO how I'm going to break something vital someday. I just know it.)

Melissa said...

now this is the diane we love! classic pool maneuver and iam very relived adn proud to ehar that the drink was unscathed.

Annn said...

Yeah, that sounds about right.

Too funny.

Anonymous said...

HA!!! I knew the question needed to be asked...boy, am I ever glad you decides to come clean & tell the truth. You could not have made up a better answer!! I LOVE IT!!!

xojo