Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Busy Bee

OMG this week is crazy! I mean my life is generally crazy but somehow it has achieved a whole new level this week.

This is the last week of school and there is much joy at my house. Lots of fun activities are occuring at school to commemorate the end. Or to help the teachers make it to the end, perhaps. Today was kindergarten pirate day. Rainbow looked adorable in her pirate hat, eye patch, and a top from on of Taz's old pirate costumes. She was gramacing and saying "ARGGGG!" all morning. I went to school for their outdoor pirate rotations and I'm not sure what any of the activities had to do with being a pirate, but a good time was had by all. Tomorrow, I'll be back to have lunch with Taz for his birthday and give Rainbow's teacher her end of year gift.

Taz has requested a special birthday dinner tomorrow night and I have to say I'm surprised and pleased with his menu: pork tenderloin, manacotti, corn pudding, applesauce, and sweet potato casserole. And cake, of course. Gotta have cake. I'm making a round ice cream cake (chocolate chip cookie dough, his favorite) and icing it to look like a baseball. I'm making another pirate ship cake for his party Friday since the theme is Pirates of the Carribean. When am I making all this you may wonder? Yeah, that's what I was wondering too, so I decided to stay at home this morning until it was time to go to the kids' school. I made the corn pudding and the sweet potato casserole and while they were baking, I did my Cyclo Core CD. It wasn't quite the bike ride I was supposed to do yesterday or the swim I was supposed to do today, but it fit.

I ran yesterday for one of the few times since I twisted my ankle - four miles at a 10:05 min/mile average pace with the Bean. It didn't hurt any worse while I was running but it definitely isn't right. Sigh. That upcoming TriGirl injury clinic can't get here soon enough for me!

Other craziness includes a PTA dinner b/c somehow I turned into a Stepford Mom, an employee benefits clinic tonight, and Bunko earlier this week (which I attended after the kids went to bed for a little social time and a quick glass of wine). Plus buying groceries, teacher gifts, and birthday gifts.

I can't wait until the last day of school!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

what is the secret to cloning ones self?

Anonymous said...

Busy times! But very fun, too :)

SQ

Jenn said...

You play Bunko? I've played Bunko! Sweet!

TriGirl 40 said...

Wishing Taz a happy bd, but I know it will be, because you are such an amazing mom!