Friday, June 8, 2007

I'm in!

Last night, I initiated a series of race strategies that will hopefully make me successful in my first Olympic triathlon. I opened a bottle of wine, poured two glasses, and snuggled up next to my honey. I called him nice names, refraining from "Old Curmudgeon" and several other somewhat unflattering nicknames that I've come up with lately.

We chatted a bit, then I ever so subtly mentioned that I am training for Luray in hopes that I can actually participate in it. "Oh," Scouter replied. We chatted a little more about the kids and other things, then he said, "Yeah, go ahead and do it. We'll come."

YIPPEE!!!!

This morning, I entered the race and booked a cute little cabin that includes a stocked pond, a swing set, hot tub, and an outdoor fire pit which the kids and the OC will enjoy. It looks very rustic which is okay by me. The best part - it is within five miles of the race start.

I'm so excited!!!

Now about that Patriot Half...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. It always makes me smile. Hooray on Luray!!!

SQ