Monday, June 11, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

My 41st birthday was yesterday, and I had a fabulous birthday weekend! I asked for the exact same party that Scouter planned last year as a surprise, but he told me not to expect anything like that again until my 50th. Guess that one won't be a surprise...

I tried to find a picture from last year to post but I don't have it electronically - there is a photo of me, obviously intoxicated, orchestrating "Happy Birthday" while singing loudly and pointing to myself. You can probably picture it if you know me. I had a really, really good time at my party.

While not quite as crazy, this year was great too. Scouter took me out to Zeus Gallery Cafe for dinner on Saturday night, which was fabulous. I had carpachio (sp?) followed by a delicious shrimp and grits dish and we shared a lovely bottle of Cabernet recommended by the owner... mmmmm! Scouter even arranged for the babysitter, which was quite a treat!

Sunday morning, my kids slept late for them (past 7:30) which was a surprise and a treat, then they bounced into my bed with birthday wishes. Rainbow and Scouter had gone shopping the previous day, and she picked out a gift for me by herself. A Littlekinz chihuahua ~ very cute. She was quite proud of herself and kept telling me she "just knew I would just love it." Taz's birthday is four days after mine, so he was over the moon that his is next.

I spent a good bit of the day obsessively checking the computer for updates on various TriGirl performances at Eagleman. Everyone did so well! They are an impressive bunch. Congratulations, ladies!

Cate and Corinne and their families came over Sunday night for a birthday cookout, armed with cake and lots of other items. Scouter grilled chicken and Cate brought her signature finger-tip bean dish... fortunately there were no appendages in this particular batch. Everyone got to hear the running tunes on my iPod thanks to the awesome Bose dock Scouter gave me for my birthday. I don't think my song selection is necessarily good for general consumption, particularly with children around since I always pick explicit lyrics if it's an option... but it was fun for me. And actually sparked a little dancing on our back deck. Fortunately it was dark by then so we didn't provide as much entertainment for the neighbors as we usually do.

This morning, I had a wee bit of a headache for my swim and didn't quite get the whole thing in - 1800 meters instead of 2400, but it was well worth it! Happy birthday to me!

3 comments:

ShesAlwaysWrite said...

Happy Birthday sweetie! Glad to hear you had a great time!

TriGirl 40 said...

Happy Birthday, TriDi!

It sounds like you had the special day you deserved.

Zues Gallery is awesome, but not as awesome as you...

I'm still waiting on the Patriot cliff hanger, do tell...

Ro said...

Happy Birthday Di!!! I thought you were only turning 31? Let's get together for that wine you mentioned in your blog comment the other day. I think that will desfinitely help my knee pain go away! Ha!