Friday, June 29, 2007

Friday Miscellany

Do you remember the old Random Thoughts with Jack Tandy on Saturday Night Live? That's what you're getting. Except he was funny.

I'm typing left handed while I ice my right pinkie. It still hurts like a bitch after almost two weeks - especially after pushing a heavy grocery cart which is odd. Yep, that's what we do around here for fun on a Friday night! Over $200 at the 'Crop and they don't even sell beer.

Taz has been sick this week but I can tell he's better because he's been evil today. Relentless - fighting over anything and everything. At one point I said, "You're certainly argumentative today." His response? "No I'm not."

Just like his father. Heh.

My activities are still fairly limited. I can't swim, lift weights or do yoga until my finger is at least somewhat better. I biked and ran on Tuesday as posted earlier, and I ran yesterday with TriGirls. I was pretty lame though - about 3 miles. I should have run at least 4 but I had to go to the bathroom too badly - too much information, I know. I forgot to stop my Garmin so I don't know the time. Kathryn took off fast and I do know our first mile was 8:30 so I' guessing we didn't negative split. She has been working hard and it definitely shows.

We had a TriGirl clinic last night on injury prevention - quite a concept for me! Now I' scared of all the repetitive stress injuries that await me. Dr. Bob Green from Active Chiropractic was the speaker and he gave us lots of good tips and stretches from his experience as a triathlete. He made a recommendation for which I don't remember the source - a coach from some sports team? - that cut the number of injuries on his tea by 85%! It is to warm up with 25 steps on your toes, 25 on your heels, 25 on the outsides of your feet, and 25 on your toes walking backwards. It loosens and stretches your feet. I'm definitely going to try it. Hopefully he was serious because I'm going to look pretty stupid.

Afterwards we practiced another TriGirl specialty - eating and drinking. It's so much fun to hang out with those girls! That's one of the main attractions of the group, in addition to Grandison herself.

Even with very few workouts, I've been crazy-busy this week. I'm looking forward to the weekend and the upcoming holiday week! We're going to celebrate both Canada Day and Independence Day, just because we can.

2 comments:

carmen said...

yeah
i totally need to incorporate that easy little stretching plan...

TriGirl 40 said...

Missed you at the Canada Day party - hope the pinky and Taz are doing OK!