Friday, June 15, 2007

Gratitude

I had planned to post something about Taz's birthday and how I can't believe it's been seven years. He was such a cute little guy when he was born... and still is. Instead I find myself pondering the world that they are growing up in, the world that I have created for them, in which they expect everything and appreciate nothing.

I am feeling like a really bad parent.

On the way to his birthday party today, Taz threw a complete fit over something ridiculous. ON.THE.WAY.TO.HIS.PARTY. My mind can't even grasp it. And it wasn't the first time. He got pissed off last night as he was opening presents. And probably 50 other times in the last 48 hours which have all been completely dedicated to him. How can that be?

Rainbow has contributed to the spoilage going on in our house too by completely freaking out every time Taz opened a Webkinz. I'm talking huge hysterical sobs. Because he got another Webkinz and she didn't. On his birthday, when she already has three.

I've really got to toughen up and turn these little beasts into decent human beings.

1 comment:

REB60 said...

One thing they don't tell you about in parenting classes is that there are time when grimlins come in the middle of the night and secretly replace your children with little monsters. Not worry though, the grimlins eventually bring your children back to you, even smarter than when they left!

Don't let it get to you. You're doing a great job. They are at an age where they want to see how far they can push. They also havn't learned how to emotionally deal with not getting their way. All you can do is teach them what behavior is appropriate, and follow through with consequences when they don't follow the rules.