Sunday, September 30, 2007

College Flashback

In January, I was asked to give a talk on emerging technologies to a group of accountants. The talk wasn't until September, so I agreed.

The outline was due in April, and I barely made the deadline. The presentation itself was due in August. After requesting an extension, I finally submitted a high level presentation (read: incomplete) two weeks late.

The talk itself was Friday. I actually blocked some time on my calendar to work on the presentation Wednesday and Thursday, but a crisis at work and an emergency at home prevented it. (Regarding the emergency at home, Rainbow fell at school and hurt her arm. Fortunately, it isn't broken but it is badly bruised. My poor baby.)

I ended up working on the presentation Thursday night after the kids went to bed, then finishing it Friday morning just moments before I had to leave. I couldn't get it copied onto a disk for some reason so I ended up taking my whole laptop. I was supposed to be there an hour early but ended up arriving 15 minutes late.

At least I wasn't hungover. Does that mean I've matured at least a little since college?

3 comments:

REB60 said...

Oops, sorry the help desk wasn't available.

TriGirl 40 said...

Most definitely - and I bet your presentation was awesome!

Melissa said...

that's classic! i am sure your charm blew them away and they forgot you were 15 minutes late. in fact, they probably thought you were 15 minutes early!