Sunday, September 30, 2007

Workout Week in Review

Last week was nothing special other than the startling fact that I followed my training plan reasonably well.

Monday, I did the weights class that I love. The instructor informed us that she had eaten a lot of junk over the weekend, which could only mean one thing... she was going to give us a hard workout! Fortunately, I've been in a little more of a groove with lifting weights so it didn't kill me. My chest was sore but otherwise I was okay afterwards.

Tuesday, Beanie and I ran fives miles at a slow 10:59 minutes/mile pace. I think my new Newtons are improving my running form. Running on the front of my feet for five miles resulted in painfully sore calves for the next few days.

Wednesday, I guilted myself into swimming and actually went in the morning before work - because, you know, I love the goggle marked look that gives me in the office. I warmed up, did some drills, then swam a timed 1000 meters which was 20 seconds faster than my last abysmal attempt but still pretty slow. Then for some reason I decided it would be fun to do three 100 meter IMs (one length each butterfly, back stroke, breastroke, and freestyle). I felt and certainly looked like I was drowning on the butterfly but I felt fast on the freestyle which was a pleasant change. Cool down left me with a 1600 meter total which is one mile. Woo hoo!

Thursday, I ran four miles with my iPod and averaged 9:11 minutes/mile. Nothing remarkable. I was happy when it was over.

Friday, I took a rest day in preparation for Saturday when I biked 18-19 miles with Annnn at a 16.7 mph pace, then ran three miles at 8:55 minutes/mile pace to get one brick practice in before my sprint tri next weekend. Riding with Annnn is always a pleasure even though she accuses me of being insane. Something about the heavily trafficed roads I drag her onto... We saw the IronGirls riding five 20 mile loops through and around West Creek - they are so impressive.

And that my friends is my workout week.

2 comments:

REB60 said...

Wow, you make me feel soooo lame! I have a feeling you're really going to smoke that tri next weekend.

Unknown said...

I went to the gym one day. Really. And I cleaned my bike. :-)