Friday, September 7, 2007

Amen, I'm Alive

I felt like tee-total shit on my run yesterday morning. I'm not sure what was going on but I couldn't get into a groove. I was tired and thirsty, my legs and feet ached, I was breathing hard, and all I was thinking about was how miserable I was. As I've been prone to do recently, I started questioning why I do this to myself. Somehow I ground out five painful miles at a 9:24 minute/mile average pace. I couldn't wait for it to be over.

Just as I finished my run, Nickleback's "If Everyone Cared" started playing on my iPod.

If everyone cared and nobody cried,
If everyone loved and nobody lied,
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride,
Then we'd see the day, when nobody died

And I'm singing a-amen I, amen, I, I'm alive
amen I amen I, amen I, I'm alive

And I thought about how lucky I am to live the life I live and to even be able to run.

No comments: