Thursday, September 20, 2007

Back to School Night

I attended back to school night for both my kids this week. It was chaos - and that's with just adults in attendance!

Taz is in second grade. His teacher seems a bit ditsy but obviously cares deeply about the kids. She talked at length about how great they are - gotta love that as a parent entrusting your child to her.

Each child's journal was out for his/her parents to peruse. Taz's was hilarious. Here are some of the funnier entries that I remember. His spelling efforts made it cuter but I didn't copy them to reproduce for you here so I'm going by memory (scary).

"I love math. I love scnc. I relly relly love P.E."

"I golfd this weekend with Daddy. We plad 9 hols."

"My sister is crazy."

"My uncle and my mom went on a bike rid this weekend. My mom came in 1 in her grp. They rod 104 mils."

Rainbow is in first grade. Her teacher is young and earnest and sweet. The class made pictures of themselves with hints for parents to guess our child. One of her hints was that she likes to play. The other was that she's a "slgrn" or some similar string of constinants beginning with an s. I had no idea what that meant, so I asked her to read it to me when I got home. "I'm a snuggler," she said. "I knew you'd guess it was me with that great hint!"

She also left me a picture of her with a frowny face and big teardrops holding a leash with a black dog. There was a 6 over her head and an 18 over the dog's head to show their respective ages. We lost our black lab in May and she has had a tough time with it. We're talking about getting a puppy this fall.

Both of them left me notes telling me how much they love me, covered in hearts and XOXOs.

They are so amazing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute! Especially slgrn. I'm sure if you could have guessed that meant snuggler, you would have guessed Rainbow right away. JenniferS