Monday, September 3, 2007

Too Old for This Nonsense

Ouch.

I partied just a leetle too much this weekend. And this morning, my achy head reminded me that I am in fact 41. Not 21.

I may have neglected to mention that I had stayed out too late and imbibed too much wine Friday night before my epic bike ride Saturday morning with Richard and Kermit. Beth and Beanie throw a hell of a party.

Then last night the Bean and family came over for dinner. Several bottles of wine later, we decided it would be a good idea to set off the fireworks we bought for July 4 that we couldn't use in Hatteras because they are now illegal. Yes, I'm aware that they are illegal in my county too. Do I have less respect for my hometown laws? Nah. But I do think we were far less likely to get caught. And that's what it's all about. They were great and the kids loved it.

Some of our neighbors came out to join the festivities, which made the after party at our house a little bigger.

By the time I got around to thinking about a run today, it was noon and very hot... so now I am trying to convince myself that I will actually swim some laps at the pool this afternoon. Before I get sidetracked by the pina coladas.

1 comment:

Jon said...

What's wrong with partying like you're 21? Nothing. Like you said though, the next morning can be a little rough.
Sounds like you had a great weekend. Nothing wrong with letting the hair down once in a while.
Take care,