Thursday, September 20, 2007

Sweet

Just thought I'd share that I had an awesome run this morning. I hit the first mile at 9:08 which is really fast for me especially on the first mile when my mind and body are not so sure about this running thing. F*ck, I thought. No negative split for me today. Ever the optimist.

But then somehow, I cranked out a 9 minute second mile and just kept chugging. In the 8s for the third mile. Hmmm, what up?

I finished five miles at an average pace of 8:40 which is smokin' fast for me for anything over three miles. I felt slightly out of my comfort zone the whole time but not tremendously miserable or anything.

Of course I had my iPod cranked and couldn't hear myself panting... always preferable. I think the new classic rock tunes I loaded (Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Metallica) must have helped. Well, that and my new speedy-fast Newtons which could only be better if I had the stellar pink version like my cool friend Jennifer.

Rock on!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome run! And I don't have my pink Newtons yet! I hope when I get them my time will improve. I cranked out an average 9:17mm for only 3 miles this morning. I hate running! Have I ever mentioned that? JenniferS

Anonymous said...

Tried my new pink Newton's today and averaged 8:53mm for 3 miles -- first time ever below a 9:00mm. Yippee! Thanks for the advice. JenniferS

Jon said...

Those Newton's look cool, but what a price! I thought my $120 Kayano's were expensive.
Do they run on their own?