Monday, May 14, 2007

What the hell, it's Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all traditional and non-traditional moms. I hope you had a great day yesterday.

Thanks to all of you for your sympathy and kind words regarding the loss of my dog-baby. Even my kids were sad that Brea passed on Mother's Day weekend. I'm not sure whether they overheard someone else saying it or not but they were very sweet. Rainbow and Taz are currently alternating between crying jags and pleas for a new puppy.

Taz and Rainbow both made me adorable little Mother's Day presents at school. Taz made a paper flower bouquet with special things he would do for me written on the stems, including "snuggle" and "hugs and kisses." That boy knows what I like! He also made a little booklet where he filled in blanks on things like "Mommy is special because..." On that one he wrote, "because she loves me and my sister." Another was, "Mommy is good at..." and he wrote, "riding her bike." How funny is that? He also wrote that what we like to do together is shop, which I thought was odd until I realized that the accompanying picture was him picking a Star Wars character off the shelf. Typical boy.

One of my cards from Rainbow said, "Yo Mom. What up Mom." The other one was covered with hearts, Xs and Os. She also made me paper flowers with straw stems which are now in a vase.

Our traditional Mother's Day includes brunch at RCC followed by many hours of sipping mimosas on the deck with Beanie and her family while the kids run free. I'm not quite sure what that says about our mothering abilities but it can't be good. I feel like a Ya Ya.

Yesterday, Cate and her family joined us for brunch then they enjoyed a family outing to the Chesterfield Berry Farm. They stopped by afterwards to drop off some strawberries and we sucked them into our celebration.

Would you like another drink?

What the hell, it's Mother's Day.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

soudns liek a nice day! happy maother's day!!

TriGirl 40 said...

You are a wonderful mom - because you give your kids the world - and let them see you enjoying life as well (whether it involves your bike or mimosas).

Anonymous said...

Hey Diane,
Sorry to hear about your loss. We went through the same thing last August with Cinnamon. We thought it would be a while until we would get another puppy. December rolled around and Shay rolled into our lives. What a blessing. The circle of life.
Just hanging out on Mother's Day is Great!
Have a good one.