Saturday, May 12, 2007

Week in Review

Picking up from my last workout related post... I actually did the Cyclo Zen yoga tape on Wednesday morning! I was joking that it was why I was calm throughout the teacher luncheon. Also Cate joked that planning social functions without cocktails will be very difficult for us ~ we've no experience in that area. It kind of sucks to be aware of and remember the clean up.

I had so much fun Thursday riding the Power Sprint bike course with TriGirls Cheryl, Melissa, and Megan. They are all so cute. It is a great 12 mile course starting and ending at the Shady Grove YMCA. It was an unusual position for me because I was the only one who knew the route. I'm used to being the novice. We were all a bit nervous about riding in traffic and clipping in and out for stops and left turns. Those guys did great and pushed me to a 17 mph average. Very cool. Hopefully we'll be able to do it again next week.

Thursday morning I only had time for a short run before I had to be at work for an early meeting, so I ran three miles (8:46 min/mi average). Friday, I finally made up my swim in the morning (2000 meters including a timed mile at 34:05). It is interesting to note that I swam just about the same pace when I timed a 1000 several weeks ago. I think I could pick up my swimming speed some. I need to get some consistency first though. It takes a good half my swim to settle into my stroke and feel comfortable in the water. Friday afternoon, I took a weights class at the Y which was very good. The upper body exercises kicked my butt especially after swimming that morning.

Good stuff. Half Ironman training it ain't but it's a good week for me.

No comments: